Safari Ltd.--Gray Reef SharkRegular price $5.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The gray reef shark is likely very similar to what most people picture when they hear the word “shark”. As its name implies, it is gray in color and frequents reefs in the Indo-Pacific region. They are one of the first and only sharks that have been observed performing a “threat display”, which involves hunching its back and lowering its pectoral fins to warn other animals that it may attack if cornered.
- Scientific Name: Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos
- Characteristics: This figure features the blunt, rounded snout, large eyes, and streamlined form typical of gray reef sharks. And don’t worry - this hand-painted figure isn’t displaying its threat behavior, so he’s not going to attack of the other toys on your shelf.
- Size and Color: Our gray reef shark figure is 6 ¼ inches long and 1 ½ inches tall at the tip of its dorsal fin. It’s about as long as a ball point pen. Its coloration is gray above, fading irregularly to white on its underside, exemplifying the white-ish flank band present in most sharks in the genus Carcharhinus.
- The Gray Reef Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.